Geothermal energy is more efficient at every level than air source heat pumps, especially in areas that typically have lower temperatures. However, for people who live in apartments or who have very small gardens (too small to install a ground source heat pump), this is often the only option. Air source heat pumps operate by extracting heat energy from the outside air (even at low temperatures, air carries enough heat energy to be useful!). This heat is then circulated in your home, so that you do not need to use oil or natural gas systems for heating – it all runs on electricity. The Goodman range of heat pumps is known for the following:
- Quiet running – relatively low decibel ratings, owners of these systems comment most about their quietness. The units have louvered sound control top to achieve maximum sound control.
- Sturdy construction – built from the sturdiest materials, the units have a lifetime limited warranty, and a 10 year parts warranty.
- Two Stage compressor – this is an important energy saving feature. When maintaining an even temperature, the unit runs at a lower level. If there is a sudden change in temperature, the second stage kicks in and boosts the functioning of the machine until the temperature is stabilised again. This means it only works at maximum capacity when it really needs to, thus saving you dollars.
- Heating and Cooling functions – the system can operate all year round, using the same principals of heat redistribution – it either extracts it from the air and pumps heat into your home, or it extracts heat from your home to expel it outside.
- Intelligent Control Software and diagnostics – you won’t need a super technical teenager to tell you how to run this machine!
- Environmentally friendly refrigerant – the Goodman heat pumps use R410A as the standard refrigerant. This does no damage to the ozone layer, and is chlorine free.
- Warranties – the compressor has a limited lifetime warranty, and other parts have a 10 year warranty – if a part fails, the company simply replaces it!
The Goodman brand offers a full line of heat pump systems so you are certain to find the perfect system to fit your budget. Plus you’ll get comfort from what many consider to be the best warranty protection in the heating and cooling industry. For the greatest energy efficiency savings, select a heat pump system with the highest SEER and HSPF ratings. Make sure that you purchase a system that is the right size for your home, so that you get the best value for your money – you can get a size calculator by clicking on this link.